Friday, April 06, 2007

let’s (not) t-t-talk about the weather

so much to say, so much to say, so much to say, so much to say ...
keep it locked up inside don't talk about it
t-t-talk about the weather


~ Dave Matthews Band, So Much to Say ~


We talked about the weather in our last post – why do we talk about the weather when there should be so much to say?

I was humbled this Good Friday morning. While breaking my Lenten Disciple, I read an article from the SMH around the notion that ‘the church has left the building’. It lead me to think about where Jesus would be worshipping on this sacred day?

Studying theology raises so many questions and anxieties for me. Sadly, more about myself than about God, but I am a work in progress, so I’m ok with that for now. One constant question for us, is what will we do when we are done studying at Regent? While we are doing well at being present living day-to-day where we are in this season, this question keeps popping-up.

After reading about the church leaving the building, I came across a post from some good friends who, for a week, got to see what the transforming news of Jesus of Nazareth is doing in Central America.

So much say. So much need. So much to do. So much good being done. So much hope brought about by our transforming Jesus. Yet we talk about the weather.

This summer we will probably be blessed to be part of the transformation that Jesus is bringing to Ensenada, Mexico. We will spend 8 weeks (starting at the end of April) being part of the work of the Ensenada Outreach Centre. May Jesus of Nazareth have so much to say to us when we are there …

No comments: