Sunday, February 26, 2012

Basement Reno -- on the other hand... an electrical problem -- please help...

So here is my electrical problem...

After moving 1 light and adding a fancy junction box (see the post), I have added two spotlights into the circuit -- both on a switch which controls all 3 mentioned lights...

After some fiddling... I have power going to all lights and the switch turns the right lights on-and-off...
The problem is... the 2 new lights are so dim they are useless -- look at the picture, that really is how dim the lights are...


So people, what is the problem?
  • I have power going to all lights... but is it possible that I have some wires connected to the wrong wires? Is that even a possible issue... or because I have power, the wires must be connected correctly?
  • Could i have too many lights on the circuit (most of the basement, not on the switch + an upstairs outlet + an exterior light), so the new lights aren't getting enough power? Does electricity even work like that??
I have worked late tonight, so I haven'y even googled this issue yet... but any help via the comments or a phone call tomorrow afternoon would be appreciated.


Don't worry Mum, I have turned the breaker off while I try and resolved this...

No comments: