Friday, February 24, 2012

Basement Reno -- working by myself....

Last time, I hade my brother-in-law, Matt, here to help me for a whole month -- we worked hard, often well into the night... without Matt, the first basement project would not have got done. Period.

This time around the project is much smaller, but I am working alone... and I don't even have someone to cook for me while I try and get this done...   ;-)

Not ideal at all... but with V.I.Guests arriving in July to stay in our "guest room" (aka "the basement"), this week is the window to get the job done...

Now I can hear my Mum saying... don't hurt yourself while working alone... good point Mum! Which is why I have bought 7' 2x4s to reduce the sawing and am sawing safely on the garage floor.... i.e., I am taking some precautions with the power tools...

However, that didn't stop me slicing my finger open with a razor knife while working on the lighting...

Yes thats my blood.... and yes dear, that is what destroyed the keyboard...

I missed Matt even more after that happened, his paramedic skills would have come in handy with the first-aid kit. I am being extra careful now....

No comments: